Wednesday, June 28, 2017

GAP

Hello, my name is Hannah Morrison and I'm an incoming sophomore at BVT and this is my first YNIA trip. I was definitely a little apprehensive at the beginning of the week, but I have warmed up and I feel right at home. This week, my group and I have been sent to GAP. GAP is an organization that receives donations and purchases household items and food at a discounted price, and then continues to distribute the food and items to local foster families in the community. So far during the week, my group and I have mass produced breakfasts and lunches for foster families. We have made over 800 sandwiches, 400 meatballs, over 20 meatloaves, and made snack bags of strawberries and crackers. We have also put together and organized bags for foster children ranging from toddlers to teenagers containing a blanket, stuffed animal, a toy, and personal hygiene products. I am looking forward to continuing to help at GAP this week along with attending future YNIA trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment