Tuesday, June 27, 2017

My First YNIA Experience


When going in to this week, I really had no idea what to expect. I have never been away from home without my parents for a week, never flown on a plane, and never been to the Arizona area. The most i've done to help people is volunteer at a soup kitchen but I believe that I was called for something more.
My first day, I already made new friends, and the only person I can thank for this is God himself. We connected through our beliefs and spirit in him, which I believe is the deepest connection that one could have. And they have guided me through this whole process and opened my eyes as well as my heart.
On Monday, I learned the reason behind the painting we were doing. These people journeyed here for a better life. Once they gained the land, they only had 60 days to register themselves and their families. Some dropped what they were doing, and travelled as soon as they found out. That to me, is what this is all about. Helping the people who would do anything to live a better life, but either don't have money, people, or materials to accomplish their goals. That's why it brings me joy to know, that I was able to help someone reach that goal, and that all of us together are helping to change the world.

Jackie Puda

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you settled in and have made new friends. Reading your entry I can't help but to think back to the send off Mass Saturday when Deacon Pat said that you didn't choose to go on the mission trip to AZ, God chose you. I think that speaks volumes to you and all the YNIA members who made the trip. I pray that he continues to guide you through the rest of your trip and throughout your life here at home. You are missed and loved very much!
    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete